Monday, October 27, 2008

Reflection, Conclusion, and Recommendation

I have learned a lot from this research, probably the biggest thing I've taken away from this whole process is... how I'd do it better next time. But really, one think I've learned is that most people don't actually care that much, where exactly their music comes from. Some of the time they can't even tell where it came from. In today's culture, unless your a avid music listener and involved in lots of music such as I am, you don't really need to know where, what your listening to comes from, and much less try and figure it out by listening to it. I could understand if someone was reading a music magazine such as Paste and saw that some band was from their hometown it might effect if they get the record. But other then that I don't think today's young music listeners really care. What I'm interested to know is if I did it this project with another kind of specific genre, would I get the same results from the same group of people. I think I would have had better results for this subject, if I asked the right group of people, knowledgeable musicians. But from what I could do, and what I have I can say this: every different type of music will sound different depending on where its from, not just from the sound but the language used therein.

No comments: